Why United Methodist?
United Methodists are mission-oriented and socially conscious. This is important to our faith. We are aware of world events and strive to help those in need. United Methodists are one in faith and tradition with Methodist Christians around the world.
For generations, United Methodists have cooperated with other churches to spread the Gospel, care for those in need, alleviate injustice and foster peace.
In national and interfaith groups, United Methodists reach beyond our own churches and our own communities to express concern and to share God’s love with people of many faiths.
Missions Take You Places
We have an impressive list of special projects that we have helped to support. Through people’s faith and generosity so much good can be accomplished. We are a church without borders.
Following is a list of some of our mission giving projects:
- UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief)
- Integrated Community Development – United Mission of Nepal
- Columbia Gorge CROP Walk
- Heifer Project International
- Mid Columbia Habitat for Humanity
- WSUMC Church Camperships
- WGAP Guided Path
- WGAP Community Youth Center
- WGAP Food Bank
- Church World Service Programs
- UM Covenant Missionary Support
- American Red Cross
- PNW Conference Camp & Retreat Centers
- Medical Teams International
- New Hope Farms – Goldendale, WA
- PET Project – Inland NW
- Project HOPE
- Backpack Lunch Program (Whitson Elementary School)
- Pie Ministry
- Volunteers in Mission
- NOMADS Program
- Local Cub Scout Pack #384
- Community Safe Halloween – Hot Dogs & Hot Chocolate Ministry
- Community Children’s Christmas Program